Tuesday, March 17, 2009

One Of My Favorite Boards - Murphy Breakers - Calvin "Stingray" Sullivan



Here is a shot of a Murphy shaped Breakers board (center) that Calvin "Stingray" Sullivan sent in with the story behind it.

In 2006 I went to Plumeria to see what kind of boards they had, and there was the very slighty used Murphy "Breakers" board, a 9'-0". I instantly had to have the board, but I did not have the money to buy it. I asked if they would let me pay them a little each payday and they agreed. A few hundred bucks each payday, and a month later I was the proud owner of a Dennis Murphy board. That store, Plumeria, went out of business shortly afterwards. I went to the Longboard Grotto in Encinitas and bought a red fin to go on it (also now out of business), then I took it to San Onofre to try it out for the first time. "The Murph" has been one of my favorite boards ever since. I especially like it on bigger days, since its a bit shorter and thinner than my big Brewer Noserider.

No comments:

Post a Comment